“Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.” ~John F. Kennedy

Here at BikeTown we couldn’t agree more. We love riding our bikes and want to help as many people as we can love riding their bikes, too.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Is It Really Turning Colder?

Brrr! The wind was nippy this morning when I went out to get a little exercise. Abilene is not exactly the Arctic Circle, but about 15 minutes after I left the house I was wishing I had worn my warmer gloves and taller socks. (My socks didn't quite stay in contact with my tights this morning so I had a very pink, cold band of skin just above my ankles by the time I got back home.) I enjoyed my time out this morning, but was a little chilled from the wind within just a few minutes. There's nothing quite like a little wind and cold to make you uncomfortable on your morning ride, run, walk, whatever it is you are doing. I think I'll check the wind-chill a little better tomorrow and choose my gear accordingly!

Despite this morning's chill, we have had amazing weather so far this fall. There have been plenty of chances to get in some good rides. However, it looks like the colder weather is finally heading our way. Don't let that stop you from going out for a spin! Come on in to BikeTown and see what we have in cold weather gear. Leg warmers, arm warmers, long-sleeve jerseys, tights, socks, gloves, balaclavas, you name it...we have it. Let us help you continue to enjoy riding your bike - even in the cold. Happy cycling!



No comments: