“Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.” ~John F. Kennedy

Here at BikeTown we couldn’t agree more. We love riding our bikes and want to help as many people as we can love riding their bikes, too.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Riding in Comfort...Texas

by Andrew


As many people may know by now Lance Armstrong has recently been trying his skills on the mountain bike, and last weekend I challenged him to a race and he obliged. A few guys from Abilene including Chris Rumpf, Jason Frazee, Greg Allen, Luke Allen, and myself went down to Flat Rock Ranch in Comfort, Texas to line up against Lance for the 54 mile mountain bike race.
All in all it was a great race for everyone, I think everyone was pretty satisfied with their times and all finished (which is more than ole Lance can say - he DNFed). So technically we have all beaten the 7 time Tour de France champion. It really was a unique experience that was fun for everyone.







Chris (Rumpf) and I actually happened to be at the right place at the right time the night before the race and ended up hanging around the campfire with Lance and about ten other people. I was able to talk to him one on one for about 10 minutes, and I was very impressed with the fact that he was just another one of the guys who loved to ride bikes and hang out and tell stories late into the night while we really should have been resting for the big race the next day. I have included some photos from the race and the pre party. I will be writing a book soon about how I managed to beat Lance Armstrong and malaria all within a span of 2 years.












No comments: